Expol Underfloor Insulation is the ultimate choice when insulating your home to stop heat entering in summer and escaping in winter. Enjoy warmer feet and save up to 12% on your heating bill. Expol Underfloor Insulation is safe and easy to install and is great to keep your house warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
Expol Underfloor Insulation is perfect to fit to your existing home or to install into your new home. Placed snugly between the floor joists, it will ensure your home is protected from the extreme outdoor temperatures for life.
Benefits of Expol Underfloor Insulation
- Expol Underfloor Insulation gives great benefits including:
- Save up to 12% on your heating bills*.
- Expol under floor insulation keeps the heat in for winter and keeps the heat out for summer
- Improves insulation rating of your home
- Great for pole houses and all exposed wooden floors
- Expol Insulating panels conform to minimum R value 1.4 for timber floors of AS/NZS 4859.1:2002
- For self installers, full installation instructions are provided on all bags.
- For technical information please refer to our BRANZ appraisal
How Expol Underfloor Insulation works?
In your home, the warmth of your winter heating rises to the ceiling leaving the cold air on the floor. Coupled with the fact that your floor is in contact with the coldest air both inside and out explains why you can lose up to 15% of your heating via the floor.
If your home has a timber floor, there is a large space of cold air between the ground and the underside of your floor. The low insulation properties of timber, together with possible leakage, mean that the floor creates a heat sink, taking heat out of your house. Carpeting and underlay help provide some insulation, however, to maximise heat retention, Expol Underfloor Insulation creates an effective thermal barrier.